Founded on January 1st 2007 by the three following Graduate Institutes in Science and Engineering:
INA P-G - Institut National Agronomique Paris-Grignon
ENGREF – Ecole Nationale du Génie Rural, des Eaux et des Forêts
ENSIA – Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Industries Agricoles et Alimentaires
AgroParisTech is a member of ParisTech , the Paris Institute of Technology, which is a consortium of 10 of the foremost French Graduate Institutes in Science and Engineering.
AgroParisTech is a core member of the Paris cluster in Life and Environmental Science and Technology, together with 2 Graduate schools (Alfort National Veterinary School and Versailles National School of Landscape architecture) and 3 research centers (INRA, Cemagref and AFSSA).
AgroParisTech is organized into 5 departments:
- Agronomy, Forestry, Water and Environmental Science and Technology ;
- Life Science and Health ;
- Science and Engineering for Food and Bioproducts ;
- Social science, Economics and Management ;
- Modeling: Mathematics, Informatics and Physics.
The Academic Programs at AgroParisTech include:
- 3 different Master of Engineering (MEng):
- 1 Master of Science (MSc) with 5 domains that cover most fields of Life Science and Technology
- A wide-ranging Ph.D. program
- 1 Post-Master degree for Management and Administration in environmental sciences and policies, proposed by ENGREF, a post-graduate institute of AgroParisTech.
- 9 Advanced Masters (one-year post graduate training)
- 1 Summer University in english dealing during two weeks with french agriculture